Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Lookback on January

January has been an ultra crazy, super busy month! I actually cannot believe that it has flown by so quickly and that February is in 2 days. In my classroom we welcomed winter by discussing snow (the blizzard this past week helped a lot with that discussion), appropriate clothes for the cold, arctic animals and the five senses. We talked about being fair and learned about the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Looking back it seems like a blur.

"Confetti Art"
For this project I traced the numbers 2016 onto black construction paper. Then my kiddos tore different colors of construction paper (the confetti) to work those fine motor skills. They then glued their confetti onto the numbers as we repeatedly counted down and screamed "Happy New Year!!!!" They had a blast : )


We used letter puzzles to help build our letter recognition skills and of course they turned it into a game. They did an excellent job, only struggling with a few letters here and there.

This was a sandwich that a parent made for her child for lunch. We all thought it was a monkey, but when you look close it is actually a Ninja Turtle!!! This was so cute and I loved the effort that this mom put into creating a healthy lunch for her son.

AND THEN.... the BLIZZARD CAME!! Snowed in for 3 days and having that time off allowed me to reevaluate my lesson plans for February. I have added more STEM activities for the month of February and am super excited to see what new things they will do.







No comments:

Post a Comment